Nov 17, 2015

- Second Life Fashion Addiction: Mesh Head -







The last few months have been quite busy for me. A lot of things are going on in my real life and it's a time for decisions and changes. Yet, no matter how busy I am, I still find time to be in Second. Life as I really enjoy it! I like exploring sims, going shopping and chatting with friends. Of course, my favourite thing to do in Second Life has always been this: playing around with my avatar's look, taking pictures of this look, editing them and posting them on my flickr and my blog.
 
The last few months I've been experimenting a lot with my appearance. I wear fantasy skins more often, I try on tattoos and face tattoos, and wearing more revealing outfits. All these mean that when I take my photos I pay more attention to how my body and face looks.

I know that saying "my body and face" might sound a bit odd as it's in fact an avatar's face and body in a virtual world. But as I said, I've always enjoyed playing around with my avatar's look. When I first joined Second Life in 2012 "playing with my avatar's look" meant to change my avatar's clothes, shoes, accessories, make up and hair. Initially I was reluctunt to change my skin. To me, skin was something more natural, something that you can't change in real life. Thus I felt that when I was changing a skin or I was wearing a darker skin in SL (I'm very pale in RL), I wasn't really "me". Again this sounds a bit odd as again "me" is in fact an avatar. Anyway, as I became more interested in SL fashion I gradually started changing skins as well as eyes and lashes.

 At some point the mesh body parts made their appearance. At first I was skeptical towards them but as I became more addicted in Second Life fashion and as I was seeing mesh body parts in the photos of more and more bloggers I became attracted to them. So gradually within a year more or less I purchased Slink hands, Slink feet, Slink Physique, and mesh ears by Mandala. With all these mesh parts my avatar's appearance has dramatically changed. Yet by having the same body shape and thus the same face I reassured myself that it's still "me". At some point I played a bit with my appearance by changing my body shape with another one. I even took pictures but the last minute I decided not to publish them. Why? Because with a different face I felt that it's not really "me".

Anyway, as the mesh body part addiction flourished more and more in Second Life, mesh heads made their appearance and as time went by I could see them more and more worn by other SL residents, bloggers and photographers. So slowly but gradually I became a member of the new addiction in SL fashion called Mesh Heads.
In April 2015 I showed in my blog for the first time a mesh head: Miemie, a collaboration by Cila & Nomi. Throughout these months I've been trying several mesh heads. And then finally last week I decided it was time to buy one. I chose LeLutka because I really love the expressions and it also fits perfect with my new mesh body by Maitreya which I purchased earlier this month. I tried all of LeLutka's mesh heads again and again and again and it took me an entire day to decide which one to pick. Finally I decided that Stella is my favorite. I really love the shape of her face with the elegant angles.

So, here I am! The new Nina. It will take me some time to get used to my new face but so far I'm really enjoying it. I'm sure though that from time to time I will go back to my original face, especially whenever I want to feel more like "myself". I mean, hey! I can't forget this cutie! :P





Mesh Head: LeLutka - Stella
Mesh Body: Maitreya - Lara
Skin: Lumae - Niska - 2 - Satin// Pumkin NEW
Eyes: !Chop Shop! - Jaded Blue Dark Eyes
Hair: [RunAway] - Nadya - Ombres & Roots (at Hairology) NEW
Nose Piercing: {MUA} - Nose Piercing - Black (Gift) NEW
Top: Truth - Lush Sweater NEW
Pose: Fashiowl Poses - Model Pack - Sophie NEW
 
Sim: Izzie's
 
 
- N <3

 

No comments: